In today’s edition of 20 Questions, Jamie from Cap Collectors speaks to Miłosz Dremo, a Polish cap collector who also goes by the name “@dremik90”.
- Please introduce yourself – who are you, where are you from and give us some details about yourself. Hello, my name is Miłosz Dremo. I live in Poland. I come from a small town Ełk, but I work and live in another city which is Białystok. I’m 25 years old and I work in an online shop. Instagram: @dremik90. Facebook: Miłosz Dremo.
- How long have you considered yourself a cap collector? No, I didn’t set out to be a collector from the beginning. I got more and more into it with each cap I bought.
- When did you first get first start collecting caps? Did you set out from the start to be a cap collector or did you just pick up a cap and become hooked from thereon? Yeah, my first cap ever was black New York Yankees with a map of NYC showing where the Yankees stadium is.
- Do you remember what your first ever cap was? I stick to New Era caps only. I own one Mitchell & Ness snapback, with Chicago Bulls logo, but I will not get any more of other brands than New Era.
- Do you always buy one particular brand of cap or do you vary your collection? I have 23 caps, 22 New Era caps and 1 Mitchell & Ness.
- How many caps have you currently got in your collection? I have no point at which I plan to stop. I want to collect as many as possible.
- Do you have a target that you want to hit or even a target that you plan to stop at? I don’t currently have a target and can’t imagine wanting to stop even if I did put a number in place.
- Do you have one cap that you favour to the rest? Yeah, my favourite one is El Paso Chihuahuas. I got to make with New Era By You which I won in the contest organized by Fitted Nation. It’s special because I created it myself so I dare to say it’s the only piece in the world in such colors.
- Do you have any rare or limited edition caps? Leather Brooklyn Dodgers with sidepatch logo for the 59 year Anniversary of 59FIFTY. Correct me here if I mistook the name of the team as I’m not too good at names.
- When buying caps, do you always go for a particular team or sport, or do you just buy any that you think look good? I just buy any cap that I find interesting.
- Fitted, snapback or strapback? I prefer fitteds, but I won’t pass on a snapback if it looks good.
- Do you wear all of your caps or do you have some that you haven’t yet got around to wearing (or don’t plan to wear)? I wear all of my caps, except for the two which were my first caps and they are pretty worn out so I keep them as a part of my collection but you won’t catch me wearing them.
- What’s the cheapest price you’ve ever paid for a cap? The cheapest one was New Era x DC Shoes – I paid 27 PLN (approximately $6.75) for it and that’s including shipping. And the best thing is, it was brand new in mint condition.
- And what is the most you’ve ever spent on one? If I’m correct it was 99 PLN (approximately $25). The prices in Poland are different when compared with prices in US or UK and $25 might not be too much for some of the collectors but for me it was quite an expense.
- Having a large number of caps means you need somewhere to store them – how do you store your caps? Since I own only 23 caps, I don’t need extra room to store them. I have 3 boxes where I keep them safe from dust. On the cardboard box I put my size stickers and Flagship Store Stickers. I was able to collect so many thanks to kind people from Team Fitted Facebook group. My goal is to get the whole box covered!
- Do you have any particular methods or techniques for cap care? To be honest, I don’t. I try to protect them from the dust and I guess that’s it.
- What’s your go-to place to buy caps and why? I prefer online shops like UrbanCity.pl or NewEra.pl. I also browse Allegro.pl and OLX.pl which are similar to eBay.com – sometimes you can find pretty unique caps there and for a good price since people in Poland are not always aware of what they have.
- Do you have any interesting or funny stories you can tell us from your time as a cap collector? I don’t recall any funny stories but an interesting, I think, is the one when I helped my friend Andre from Switzerland to get the 2 huge New Era fitted / snapback shield and New Era cap stand. I was in touch with Andre and the guy who was selling the stuff. It took over two weeks to get it finished but all in all he got it all safely delivered.
- What do your family/friends/significant other think of your collection of hats? They all think I’m an addict and that I have too many. I guess they will never understand our passion 😉
- Do you have any new purchases lined up or anything you’re particularly looking forward to? Next cap I want to get is a camo one, regardless of the team or whether it’s a fitted or snapback. But definitely I need to have a camo one.
A big thankyou to Miłosz for talking to us about his collection – be sure to follow him on Instagram to see his caps: @dremik90. Also, if you have any spare New Era stickers that you could send to Miłosz, be sure to hit him up online and help him expand his collection!
Want to be featured on 20 Questions? Send over an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.